October 2021

Due to the fire changing our plans, we have no reservations until mid-October. So, off we go....

Well, it is fall... We left Steamboat State Park and headed north. Our plan was to head over the North Cascades and spend so time in the Mt. Baker area.   Our first night was at the Riverbend RV Park in Twisp. This park has spots you can pull nose in and be facing the Methow River. Close parking but both sites on each side were vacant... nice. We invited Emele to dinner at La Fonda (yummy) and caught up on the doing in the Valley. We stayed until Sunday, got to see fire damage at all three of our campgrounds... Falls Creek was missed, Camp 4 was available to camp, but the Chewuch has some damage... the area was off limits. Eight Mile was still blocked so we will have to wait till spring to see what happened in that area. 


Roxanne waited to see the ocean, so we change our minds and headed south. The drive was very windy. I was tired when we spent the night at Wanapum State Park just a mile or so off of I-90. Nice pull through site and friendly neighbors. Somewhere along our trip, the brakes on the Jeep quit working... nice! I checked the wheels and brake shoes... just didn't brake. I will contact Camping World on Monday. Cell service at Wanapum good.



Next day on I-90 to I-82 down to Yakima. That first hill is a killer off of I-90. I had to pull that hill with my 4-ways on... Went through Yakima and headed up White Pass on Hwy 12. We looked up a RV place on the other side of the pass and headed towards it.... 

Harmony RV Park... a parking lot for $99.00.... Never will I be fooled again. (hopefully). I left my comments on Google and Park Advisor. I called Camping World of Portland and they promised to get me in on Tuesday... it was around a 2 hour side trip, but my appointment was at 1pm and they were ready. It only took about an hour and we were back on the road.... The brake controller need adjustment. I now will recommend them, and I did so on Google. Cell service good.


Fort Stevens State Park.... one of the busiest parks on the coast. I didn't like our site but it was a place to sleep while we got our bearings. We took days to look south and then north... fill the coach on Costco fuel, stock up on groceries from Walmart. The dogs loved the walks down on the Columbia River beaches. Cell service very poor.

Wallicut RV Park is just east of Ilwaco on Hwy 101. This used to be a KOA. During the week there was only a few campers, but on the weekend it was only a quarter full. Full hook ups where $60 which I think was overpriced for what is there. Gravel sites with sparse grass. They had potta pottys all over the camp. Cell service fair.

Finally, Cape Disappointment State Park. This is Roxanne's favorite place to stay. We spent days catching up on the area, maybe looking for a year round spot?? I broke out in spots on my face. I think that new med for my sniffing. I had to go to a doctor and she put me on some antibiotics. It's working. I made reservations to last until mid-October. 

Pacific Beach has one of the best beaches in Washington. The Campground is crowded. No ranger, so I checked in online. There was no envelopes and no one seem to care. Didn't see a ranger but the bathroom ranger. He didn't seem to like his job. There is only power to the RV sites. No water, no sewer. One should remember to fill the water tank before setting up. I probably will not stay here again. Sites are very close, but if I could get the just right one over looking the beach I would take it. Went to Aberdeen to Walmart for supplies and food. I also picked up some new wiper blades for the coach. Cell service good.



Comments

  1. Wow, that was quite the write-up! Glad you are closer so we can visit soon! 🤗

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fire Evacuation - July 16th

Back to Spokane - Northern Quest

Car in tow